Friday, August 7, 2009

Market Research Party

We're in the midst of planning a gathering of a variety of our friends and family who like jewelry and wouldn't mind eating a little fruit and chocolate and telling us what they think of our stuff in the process. So, we're tweaking a survey, editing the $5 coupons, and gathering (or even making) the pairs of earrings that we've promised to give each participant.

Some of our most poignant queries include the following:

Do we use a Lichter scale for survey responses?

Do we include price range brackets or no price range brackets?

Do we need an expiration date on the coupon?

What else besides chocolate are we offering people to eat?

We also had other important exchanges and announcements during our weekly meeting.

Kathleen said, "I found this anti-tarnish cloth that I need surged and embroidered with the words 'Beads Just For You' on the bottom corner."

She paused for a blink, "It's really pretty. It's brown." She gestured forward with her right hand, her fingers flexed to punctuate the last word: "It's chocolate."

We laughed. Of course it is.

And as we were winding up, Ami asked how we thought she should cut her hair. (She has these amazing chestnut locks.) Amy T. said, "I don't know, but if you cut your hair, I'm taking it and making it a wig. My hair is taking forever to grow."

Ami replied, "Well, I was actually thinking about donating it for cancer patients..."

Amy T. : "Darn."

Amy T. again: "What about donating it to kids with protein deficiencies?" She pointed two index fingers in, "Kids like me?"

Kathleen said, "Amy, just because you're the youngest doesn't mean that you can call yourself a kid. You can't play that card anymore, Sister!" Kathleen is Amy's aunt. She can say that kind of stuff.

Amidst this discussion, Lynn noticed that I was wearing a deep purple top that was nearly the same color as a gorgeous amethyst necklace and earring set she had recently composed. It was sitting on the ottoman. So, while the others were cross-talking from the floor to the couch, she said to me, "I wonder how this will look, purple on purple."

She tiptoed around the conversing friends and said, "Don't say anything. Let's see if they notice," as she fastened the necklace for me.

Ami was multi-tasking, as all new mothers do, and immediately noticed the addition to my neck. Then a split second later, Kathleen turned and let out a "Hey, hey!"

My friends can decorate me with their jewelry any time. They have my total permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment